Skip to content

Sayonara, Naka-san! Yuji Naka and Sega finally part ways…

October 8, 2010

It appears the collaboration between Sega and Yuji Naka’s Prope today has come to an end as Sonic’c creator breaks the news:

Sonic creator, Yuji Naka has ruled out ever working on Sega or Sonic projects again.

Speaking to CVG in London last week, the Prope boss – who’s busy promoting Wii game Ivy the Kiwi? – said he has “no intention to go back to Sega or be involved with Sega projects in the future.”

However, Naka-san leaves a few parting words for his former employer Sega and employees who worked under him at Sonic Team:

“So no, I have no intention to go back to Sega, whether it’s for Sonic or another project… I spent 15 years making Sonic and he’s 15 years old, I think it’s time for the cute little son to leave his parents and do his own thing.

On the future of the blue hedgehog, Naka-san said he’s confident the staff he left behind at Sonic Team are capable enough to deliver.

I believe in Sega and the Sonic Team. Even without me I think the team can come up with great new Sonic games,” he said. “I don’t really have any intentions to go back to Sonic Team even if I had the opportunity in the future.”

One of Sega’s greatest developers has left the building, ladies and gentleman. Take a bow.

Source: CVG

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: